I'm looking for a walk around

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
so I can use my Printer Konico Minolta 1350W on a Print Server DLink 301U. The KM website says that USB Print Server won't work. I would think that somewhere out in the Internet that someone has come up with a set of drivers for the USB or a walk around.

Drop the link to the KM site where it said it would not work. I want to see what they say.

The problem is that the KM drivers are not set up to talk through the ethernet. But that should not be an issue. The print server should have software to install on your PCs that will intercept the KM USB printer messages, send them out the ethernet to the print server which will then translate them back to USB. The printer should not know the difference. Unless KM wrote their printer software so it could not be intercepted. They would do that so you have to buy their $50 ethernet adapter.

EDIT
I found it. All they are saying there is that they do not have a USB print server. The Dlink may work. Have you tried it? Don't forget to install the Dlink software and set up the Server over the ethernet. You will probably have to change the default printer setup in windows also.

PS Did you mean "Work Around" in the post title?

Last edited:
I plug the KM into the print server and I get printer off line. I have an old Epson C62 and that works fine without any software installed from D-Link even though the software is pretty much dated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back