IE6 Bend Close?

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi all

Erm ive got a problem, its quite annoying really, when i open IE i get a blue search bar underneath back, home, next etc its called Bend Close everytime i untick it from the drop down list wen u rite click it, it comes bk with every webpage, ive ran Adaware 6 Build 181 with latest updates but it dont get rid of it, ive searched my computer for "bend close" but nothing was found, any ideas how to get rid of it?

Please help

Look at the image cos it mite be called diff things on diff browser to make it harder to remove.

Thanx From Ste_W

Attachments

• Bend Close.JPG
    Bend Close.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 136
I just ran MSCONFIG n everything checks out except something called batstart every time i disable it it comes back nxt restart? but still i get the blue thing :(

Aye, looks like some sort of crap got installed, run Hijackthis, adaware and or spybot S&D

Its probably a bho. There are tools out there to let you remove these. worse comes to worse repair windows and this will reinstall IE

Lee, if you repair the windows installation..... you'd almost be better off doing a clean install. All it does is reinstall windows without removing the other files. Doing so also recreates the registry..... but no references to the programs you had installed before the repair install.

looks like a variant of HotBar. tough to get rid of. stupid flash buttons and whatnot

Does batstart.exe in startup under msconfig have anything to do with it?

ill look for some removal tools as well now

Thanx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back