IE Using Old Icon on Desktop

D

disrupteh

Hey. Have an annoying problem where IE6 does not use it's new shiny icon on the desktop. Instead, it uses the old one shown here
IE-old.gif

The new icon does show in my QuickLaunch area on my start bar. How do i get this icon for use on my desktop?

display properties / desktop / customize desktop / restore defaults - this should work

Nope, this doesn't work. Is the Internet Explorer icon supposed to be shown in the list? All that's there for me is My Computer, My Documents, Recycle Bin Full and Empty.

Try this

1. Right click the icon, choose change icon and choose the new icon.

2. Try to change the icon with third party software like E-icons.

3. You said the icon in the quicklaunch bar was good. Right click the icon in the quicklaunch bar, choose copy and paste in on your desktop.

Hope this helps :D

In response to sboulema

1) Right clicking the icon and choosing Properties gives me the Internet Options box.

2) I'll try this later

3) I could do this, however it doesn't seem to be the official IE shortcut (right clicking and choosing properties gives a regular shortcut properties box, not the Internet Options box), and I would like it to be the official one. Hope this makes sense to you.

Ok try this one:

Right click your desktop, choose properties, choose desktop, Find the button change desktop (could be named else, I am translating so could make a mistake). There will be 4 checkboxes and 1 of them is internet explorer. If it's checked, uncheck it and check it again. If it works it will give you the original icon back.

Hope this works :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back