IE "Remember Me" setting

C

cgtran

Hi there guys, I just ran into a problem that really bugs me. You know, when you first run ie they usually have pop-ups where it usually asks if you want to be warned about this later on or not, or/and also if you want to remember this setting too or not.
Well, that's my problem. There was a pop-up when I was trying to download an audio files, like an mp3 file, and it askes me if I would like to use the ie to play the files or download it to a specific folder. So anyway, I clicked on the checkbox where it say REMEMBER this setting, and I also, afterward, accidently said yes on letting ie play my audio files that I would like to download from the web. So everytime I click on an downloadable multimedia file, it will automatically download it to its Temporary Folder. Anyhow, here's my question, I am using Win xp pro, so how can I reverse this "Remember Me" setting?
thanks in advance

So does anybody here knows where I can find the solution for this problem. It's the check box were it said, "Don't display this message again" or something like so.

well a simple solution would be just to right click on the link ans select save as.
otherwise go to the folder options (in windows explorer, tools -> folder options) click on files types find your one and if its associated with IE then change the program associated with it,

could also try searching for your .mp3 extension in the registry so if it comes up with anyting

also just found this

http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6073

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back