IE overlaying windows. help

M

mylord

I have XP Pro edition, and when I use internet explorer I tend to do my internet browsing with more than 1 window.

So while a window in IE is doing something , like loading, or finish loading, it will pop up overtop of any other window I am using. it's extremely irritating!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that doesn't make sense , here's another example of my problem:

I am browsing the net with WINDOW A, and I decide to open a link in a new window [WINDOW B], while WINDOW B loads, I then switch back to WINDOW A for something to do while B loads; however, WINDOW B will pop-up over top of WINDOW A while it loads or does any sort of activity, and/or after it finishes loading.

How can I keep Internet Explorer windows from their always-on-top nature? IT's like I am fighint with my computer, I want one window and it wants to show me a different window. VERY ANNOYING. The only way I can stop it is wait for it to stop activity, or click the minimize button.

I've even reformatted, but that didn't fix it.

is there an option I can't seem to find for this?:mad: :mad: :mad:

If you have TweakUI, go there to : General - focus check: Prevent applications from stealing focus . This should fix it in most cases.

Okay, I'll get that. But is this problem something windows does by default? because I don't remember it until recently..

Probably some setting that has been changed by the user. What setting?? If we knew that it wouldn't be a problem. :D

Hey Hipster Doofus you recommended in another thread PowerMenu to someone. It may be helpful in this case, too. It can keep windows 'Always On Top'. FileboxExtender has the same feature.
Edit: Sorry it wasn't you, but the program is good nevertheless.;)

I've never used powermenu. :confused: But others have said tweakxp has something like that.

problem solved

well I seem to have fixed the problem here. I just restored the defaults under my IE options/advanced, and I had to restart as well. I am too lazy to find the exact option, but it must be a restart required option.

but then again, I could be imagining all this.

NEVERMIND THAT DIDN'T FIX IT :mad:

I find that it only happens on some pages... on most pages it doesn't pop up when it finishes loading. Part of the problem could be the webpage and not the browser.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back