Icon associated with a file

X-Istence

Political Access
On my Mac OS X when I download files with CyberDuck, and they don't finish and it has to complete downloading them by resuming, the icon does not change to the appropriate program to open it with, although for example, it will open with Quicktime but show the CyberDuck icon.

How can I force Mac OS X to refresh the icons to that it shows the appropriate one?

I don't know. I've noticed that the Finder in OS X (Tiger at least) doesn't do a good job of refreshing icons or their description. For example, if I drop some files into a folder, it doesn't refresh the number of items in the folder until I click on it. I have my HD icon on the desktop set to show the HD size and free space. It doesn't update until I log out and back in, so I have to Get Info on the HD icon to see how much space I really have left. Not sure if these things are related, but I'd like to see it handled better in Leopard.

select file, Apple+I and reset the "Open With" application and probably "change all" as well. don't really know though, I've never had this problem, never used cyberduck either

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back