I need a Volume Remote Control kind if thingy for windows xp..

T

ThePunkerGuy

I was wondering.. does anyone know where i can buy like a remote control for my pc that will control the main volume? (if anyone even makes that kind of thing). Thanks..
- Mike

Well, your probably going to need some sort of IR port for your PC, most laptops have these but normally desktop PC's dont for some surious reason.

Secondly you then probably going to need some software which will recognise the incoming signals and allow you to map them to certain commands in your PC. I am personally not aware of any.

FInally you will need a remote control, and one that can learn functions or be programmed.

The best one i know of for the Price is the One4All Kameleon which come in at around 60 pounds (UK) if bought on the net, othere than that the Philips Pronto which is probably the mutts nuts but would set you back around 150 notes.

Neiter of these seem worth it though just to control you PC.

Creative have a Control Panel for their PLatinum cards which sits in front of the PC and has a remote control port - but i cant imagine its cheap either.

You can find details here.

Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back