I have £300 from xmas....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

Random Apple Dude
.... List stuff you think I should buy....

I like ...

Music
Webcam-esqe stuff
RAM
The Web
Games (such as Splinter Cell)

I'm currently running a G4 256MB RAM iMac so hardware upgrades may not be overly the best way to go (aside from RAM of course ;-) _

:D

Scooter

the memory as speedy mentioned, forget the iSight... go for some cool "gadgety" stuff from iwoot and then an iPod Mini :D

More RAM definitely. 256MB should be a bare minimum for anyone these days.
£90 for an iSight...a 640x480 webcam? Isn't there anything a little less criminally expensive that's compatible with the Mac? :p

Well the RAM is now ordered - HUZZAH! - Though I did choose free postage (since I'm such a tight-walleted- geezer of sorts.... though... not really...) - and I'm concidering the iSight... I really want one, but I already have one for the PC so I'm contemplating it... moohahaha

NetRyder said:
More RAM definitely. 256MB should be a bare minimum for anyone these days.
£90 for an iSight...a 640x480 webcam? Isn't there anything a little less criminally expensive that's compatible with the Mac? :p
Hundreds. None of them match the Quality of the iSight though. Depends how much you use your web-cam, and if you can justify dropping that much money on one.

Forget an Ipod, buy a Creative Zen Touch :) (much better than an Ipod mini or not)

Moonwraith said:
Forget an Ipod, buy a Creative Zen Touch :) (much better than an Ipod mini or not)

I'm inclined to go with the "or not" part of your reply ... :)

oh and I'm debating still wether or not to get an iSight since I just forked out a couple of weeks back for "A-Well-known-windows-webcam-bit-of-software" that cost me £20 :/ ... I'm starting to regret that now.... <insert rant @ self about that> .... :p

Scooter said:
I think he meant, "much better than an Ipod, mini or not," suggesting that it's better than both the iPod and the iPod Mini in his opinion. ;)

NetRyder said:
I think he meant, "much better than an Ipod, mini or not," suggesting that it's better than both the iPod and the iPod Mini in his opinion. ;)

...for sure he did... though I'm still going with the "or not" ...as in its much not better than those sexah little iPods :lick:

Scooter said:
...for sure he did... though I'm still going with the "or not" ...as in its much not better than those sexah little iPods :lick:
As you wish... ;)

Scooter said:
oh and I'm debating still wether or not to get an iSight since I just forked out a couple of weeks back for "A-Well-known-windows-webcam-bit-of-software" that cost me £20 :/ ... I'm starting to regret that now.... <insert rant @ self about that> .... :p
EvoCam ?

Worth every penny if that's what you meant :D

Scooter said:

My thought on iPods could quite easily get me banned on this board and probably kicked out of humanity, or at least into a small sect of iPod haters. Apple Mac vs. a company that has created sound cards since the beginning of pc-life.

If you ever look for something with quality of sound and build over a fashion item; I'd not buy an iPod

You say Mp3 player, people go "you've got an iPod?"....

<growls to self and goes back to his creative jukebox3>

:rolleyes:

How could iPod's get you banned?

note: you are posting in the apple/macintosh section.

lol.

Not Evocam - i did actually buy that and don't regret it :) I'm talking about webcamXP .. you know.. since thats for windows ...:p lol

Oh, and as for the whole Mac vs Pc and all those other "debates" ... I just don't care :) lol ... I figure people buy what they wanna buy :p

SPeedY_B said:
note: you are posting in the apple/macintosh section.

Touché

Scooter said:
Oh, and as for the whole Mac vs Pc and all those other "debates" ... I just don't care :) lol ... I figure people buy what they wanna buy :p
I don't mind what people buy, just don't blow off creative so fast :) I've at least tried an iPod

Scooter said:
lol.

Not Evocam - i did actually buy that and don't regret it :) I'm talking about webcamXP .. you know.. since thats for windows ...:p lol

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. What you go and do that for? WebCamXP is nasty. Especially when there's dorgem, fink, booru and others available for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back