I hate java - Who else here does also?

it's easy - whatever won't work and complains you need java when you try running it. Thats how I find out if I should have kept something :D

If you make sure you only have one version installed (the newest - old versions aren't auto-uninstalled) then you should be all set. Also don't use the MS version as it's incompatible and just a modified version of the Sun version (and Java is all about cross platform and thus the reason MS made there own version). Also I would say if you have flash installed your way worse off. :p

You haven't hated Java until you've tried to write a graphical user interface in swing

You can still get it.

MS Java

After you install that then you need to install the update.

MS Java Update

After install/reboot open a command prompt and type jview

If it says you have version 5.00.3810 then you are up to date.
don't forget you have to enamble msvm it's going to use sun by default, enable with tools> internet options >advanced

also if you're gonna use it you have to be comfortable with your backup and not care if you need to reformat, it is not secure even with the patch

I did all that and java is still running instead of vm, I might have to uninstall java to force ie into using it

Last edited:
I have never used the Sun version so did not give instructions for those who may have it installed. Edited other post to give this info.

As far as security, I have only used the MSVM for all these years on XP and recently on Vista. Have not had anything related to a security issue.

I have never used the Sun version so did not give instructions for those who may have it installed. Edited other post to give this info.

As far as security, I have only used the MSVM for all these years on XP and recently on Vista. Have not had anything related to a security issue.
I never had a security issue with it either zombie and it works so much better then sun's version

anyway, I have tried everything but the browser will not use ms machine

gonna try an uninstall of sun to see if that does the trick

May have to uninstall both and start over with the install.

To uninstall MSVM type this in a command prompt:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall

May have to uninstall both and start over with the install.

To uninstall MSVM type this in a command prompt:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall
I had to uninstall sun including all the updates, then FINALLY the option to use microsoft applets became available

now I will probably re-install java the next time I use firefox and java is required

thanx for your help

here's what I do not understand;

how is it such an old version of virtual machine can be such a clearly better performer then sun's version?

the differance in how 7 tomuch better microsofts old vs suns is stunning

anyway, all is well in perrisville

have you tried this in windows 7 too?

I have read the MSVM will not work with IE8 so have not tried to install it on 7.

I have never had issues with Sun's Java VM. Not sure what you all are talking about. Note, I don't use IE on any of my Windows machines though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back