[HTML + CSS] Text Positioning

~bk

I
Political Access
Hi guys,

Really need some help with coding. This is the first time I'm trying to code everything in Notepad. Used to use Dreamweaver before. I'm having problems with text positioning. Check the site here. The menu on top, and the little blurb about myself in the bottom, appears different on various screen sizes (ex: A 13.1 inch screen versus a 15.6 inch one). It's out of position on all screens. Is there a way to make it look like the same on all screens?

Could you look at the code and suggest any solutions? Thank you!

What I'm using to position the text:

Code:
div#bio {
        position: relative;
        height: 230px;
        width: 950px;
        left: 230px;
        top: 84px;
        text-align: justify;
        text-shadow: #000 0.1em 0.1em;
        color: #FFFFFF;

I think I've partially fixed the problem. The menu on the top seems fine on my 13 and 15 inch screens. However, I have this problem at the bottom now.

On 15 inch:
15.png

On 13 inch:
13.png

See how the last sentence is off on the 15 inch screen shot? It's way down than it's supposed to be.

You need to do something about the page width.

You should not have to scroll side to side on a main page of a site.

I think it may be due to the fact that the site width is 1200px. What resolution are you viewing it on?

I guess I might have to decrease the width.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back