Howto?:Make a small little program-HELP

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello,

I was wondering how and what language to make this program under. Basically I want this program to run in the background (not being seen on the start menu or system tray) and this program monitors the clipboard. If 1 or more of a certain pre-determined text is put into the clipboard than the program will pop up a website link or the website. NOTE: I am not trying to make anything illegal such as virus or something. So don’t ask.

Thank you,

Lieb39

Ehm, delphi or C/C++.

I suggest delphi since it could prob be nice and easy.

...or VB or pretty much whatever you feel like. Anything that can get hold of the clipboard.

Originally posted by Zedric
...or VB or pretty much whatever you feel like. Anything that can get hold of the clipboard.

i left it out on purpose. VB is a resource wasting programming language, and anything that is compiled is bigger than a nutsack. Plus i doubt he has the cash to go out and buy an VB compile from MS.

Correct X-Istence. So what lanuage out there has a good free tutorial? I'm very new to programming. We did Turing in school and thats all I know (except for HTML)

lieb39

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back