How To Password Protect?

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
Is there a way to put a password on a specific file or hard disk, my mate has a network with 2 pc's and so do I, but when he accesses a hard disk from the other pc it asks for a pass, how can I set that up?

Using Pro,

Adam:D

G

G-Lizard86

What do u use...NTFS or FAT32....NTFS has more security options...i'll go and find out for ya

G

G-Lizard86

If you click with your right mousebutton on a file or directory or harddrive, there should be an option that says Share and Protection...or something like that..(I have a dutch version)...click that, and then you have several options for protecting your drive...

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
Ok, I got FAT32, but that is my primary and my new 20GB drive I bought today is NTFS now, so if I click share then it shares but it didn't give me any security options, is this cos I'm working on workgroup and not domain?

Adam:D

G

G-Lizard86

Wait a minute...i remember i saw something somewhere that had something to do with sharing files etc...so i'll let u know when i find it okay?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut