• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How to exclude the Admin account from local computer policies

C

CommandoSolo

Windows XP professional. Stand alone computer. I'd like to set a generic limited user account for the kids, and there are a few things I don't want them to do, such as change the screen resolution etc. Question: How do I configure this so that restrictions I set in local computer policy are not applied to the Admin account? As a test, I hid some tabs in the Display setting for users, but I notice when I log on as an Admin, the tabs are also missing? Are there "permissions" I can set in XP so that a local computer policy I set applies only to the limited users?

R

Rootz

unfortunately not... sorry!

as it says it's the local COMPUTER policy, means you load those restrictions on the computer regardless of who logs on to it.

If you can set user-based restrictions only on some of the local security policy settings (such as the Log on Locally user rights) and only when they are available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage