• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How Remove Accessibilty Wizard?

I

Infinity7

There used to be a tweak here telling how to make the Accessibility Wizard show up in the Windows Components section of Add/Remove Programs so that it then could be unchecked. I can't find that. Anybody know?

Infinity7

T

Tope

Go to Drive root/Windows/INF and locate the file SYSOC.INF. Double click the file to open it in Notepad. In the "Components" section, you will see:

AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,hide,7

Remove the "hide" part so that it looks like:

AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,,7

Save the changes and exit. Take a backup of the original SYSOC.INF, just in case.

Now go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, click, Add/Remove Windows Components, when the list is populated, Accessories and Utilities should be visible and highlighted (it'll be the first entry in the list), click Details and untick "Accessibility Wizard".

I

Infinity7

Thanks

Thanks Tope. That was what I was looking for. I really believe that this tweak stops the occasional "bogging-down" of some really sytem-intensive games. This is my second xp machine where I have found this to be true.

Infinity7

T

Tope

Interesting observation, infinity 7, must keep that in mind for future reference. Sorry I didn't spot your post ealier, by the way. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown