How much free space do you have?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hey,

I was just wondering how much free space you guys usally keep on your drives. I got myself 2 drivers, 40 and 20gb. The 40gb is the main drive, carrying the OS, programs, downloads, everything. The 20 gb has another version of Windows XP Pro (In case something goes wrong, and its tweaked for games only. Nothing runs on startup) along with some of the larger games like FFXIOnline.

I got 500mb free on the 40gb and about 10gb free on the 20gb. I was gonna run diskeeper to defrag but it said that I should clear my drive to at least 20% clean. Is this true? Or just clean it up a lil bit?

Thanks,

Dan

i have on my c: 4gb free and on my d: 44gb free :p
to defrag try clean the ie cache and that kinda stuff. backup a few things to cd

one of my drives is down to 5% free space

diskeeper defrags it no probem

IMHO > the amount of free space required to defrag must be slightly more than the largest file on the drive

:cool:

C: 33.17GB free
D: 9.05GB free
E: 17.05GB free

Swap File E: 3.36 GB
Games F: 6.58 GB
Utilities G: 16.58 GB
Misc. Prog. H: 8.32 GB
Temp I: 4.22 GB
:eek: Games J: 23.92 GB
:eek: Movies: K: 19.34 GB
:eek: Apps: L: 19.47 GB

2x80GB maxtors in a RAID 0

Lots of space to go around. :p

:eek: = bad bad bad word.

Courtesty of gonaads... Yer freindly neighborhood Editor. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back