How do you guys do your computer maintenance?

• Thread starter fallenangel99
  • Start date
I forgot to mention I have a few disc full of software, XP slip streamed SP1, and XP Auto Patch 4.1. Many thanks to neowin.net for that fine software.

Originally posted by adamg
I usually don't bother with all that crap. After a month or two (six is my record) i just reformat.

:rolleyes:
I used to do that. LOL :p
Now I just copy the backup partition to the system drive if anything goes wrong, or gets clogged up.

I've had an XP Pro laptop for almost two years and have yet to reformat the hard drive on it. I run Norton SystemWorks about once a month or so to clean things up. I've never used the system restore feature of XP yet.

On my 3 yr old desktop, I reformatted twice, but both times were to do clean installs of new OSs instead of doing upgrade installs. I haven't had to reformat that one in almost 2 years, which was when I upgraded that machine to XP Pro.

I definitely back up the important documents and pics that I have on rewritable CDs just in case a reformat may be neccessary

Manual maintenance rocks the balls off any of the norton/symantec crap the market is, unfortunately, clogged with.
I have a boot-time of 30-40 seconds... running on a semi-crappy hard drive.

Defrag every now and then, delete unnecessary ****e when I find it (and I look alot) and disable tons upon tons of crappy services.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back