how do you force refresh of thumbs on vista

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
some of the vids i have on vista are not showing a preview of the video - is there any way to force a refresh ?

Snowknight26

OSNN Junior Addict
X:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
Delete the thumbcache files.

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
i did that after finding that on google - it didnt work

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
i sorted it - for anyone else having the same issue, do as snowknight said, also uninstall haali media splitter (get latest) reboot, then open regedit and look for any folder\key with haali in it, after that look for any key\folder with .mkv\.mva and delete them all, then install haali, and thums will be back on mkv files :)

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
another thing is if you have files set to open with another player the thumbnails wont show - has to be windows media player

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
after a bit more diggin this is caused by two updates from microsoft - nice one you tits :mad:

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
well im having this iisue again - it happens when you associate the filetype .mkv with media player, i have tried to tdel the thumbs cache, its not working, have even tried the option to untick show icons instead of thumbs and reading it, all other thumbs are displayed (avi mpg wmv) just not .mkv

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR