How do I connect to windows share on mac?

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I am trying to get my mac to connect to my windows share on my desktop. I can't get it to work. I got the printer to work, but not the file sharing between my Mac and windows desktop.

I looked in the network control and there is no selection for windows share in there. So, I am really confused here ... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh, by the way, I absolutely love this computer. I really wish I would have got it sooner ..

It's not to tough. From the Finder bar on top ... click "Go" and then scroll down the menu to "Connect to Server". Find the share you would like through browse or just put in it's IP like smb://ip or however you have it setup. :) If I'm misunderstanding how far along you are with the share sorry ahead of time ... I wasn't sure if you had the share and just couldn't find it or not.

* I'm on Leopard

I did that and nothing is showing up. I will try the browser method. I am on 10.6.4 ,,

I did that and nothing is showing up. I will try the browser method. I am on 10.6.4 ,,

Ah, Snow Leopard ... thats why. :) I see reports of a bug with SL and SMB. This site here seems to have a few suggestions (I haven't tried any as I'm not using SL) : macwindows.com

I am trying to get my mac to connect to my windows share on my desktop. I can't get it to work. I got the printer to work, but not the file sharing between my Mac and windows desktop.

I looked in the network control and there is no selection for windows share in there. So, I am really confused here ... Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh, by the way, I absolutely love this computer. I really wish I would have got it sooner ..

I know someone that can help you.

Now you didn't get this from me o.k.

Steve Jobs private phone number:

650-867-5309

Steve Jobs private email:

stevejobsakagod@hotmail dot com

115px-Steve_Jobs_signature.svg.png

;)

Ah, Snow Leopard ... thats why. :) I see reports of a bug with SL and SMB. This site here seems to have a few suggestions (I haven't tried any as I'm not using SL) : macwindows.com

DUDE, THAT WORKED !! Thanx a lot for the link.

I know someone that can help you.

Now you didn't get this from me o.k.

Steve Jobs private phone number:

650-867-5309

Steve Jobs private email:

stevejobsakagod@hotmail dot com

115px-Steve_Jobs_signature.svg.png

;)

That is funny lol ..

Aaaaa, Jobs bought the rights to it. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back