How do I connect my printer to my Router?

B

blkkalel

Hello..everyone. I am a new XP user and I am trying to hook up my Lexmark Z22 to my Linksys Etherfast Cable/DSL Router for the express purpose of making my printer a network device. Is this possible? Or must i buy a "print server-hardware"?

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
You can only connect your printer straight to the router if it is a network-printer. If it is not a network-printer you will have to connect the printer to a computer on the network and then share the printer. This way every1 on the network can use the printer as long as the computer which has the printer attached is on.

Hope this gives an answer to your problem. :D

B

blkkalel

Thanx SBOULEMA

so i have to buy another printer? There is no way to use my Lexmark? Trying to prevent having to leave a computer on in order to use printer. But thanx for your quick response

sboulema

OSNN Veteran Addict
If you don't want to leave a computer on then you will have to buy a new one. I'm not sure but there are special printer-routers so that you can share your printer without leaving a computer on. So my advice is to do some investigation and ask around shops if they know a good solution. I have my printer shared with a computer always on, so I don't know much about this subject.

B

blkkalel

thanx again

Thanx again for your advice...not what I wanted to hear but helpful anyway.:)

G

greensteed

I use a Lexmark Z65n inkjet. (Note the 'n')

Networked printer plugs direct into the Router with RJ45.

I print to it from a wireless XP PC and wired NT PCs.

This printer will do what you need I think.

Buy a printer server. Connects 1-3 printers mostly and shares them on the network. Not very expensive as I remember.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut