How do i change dpi size on mac?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
I have just got my mac, and im liking the 1920 resolution, its just that the writing is way too small, i have looked in preferences but i cant seem to find where to change the dpi of the fonts

????? - screen is set to 1900x1200 and the fonts are small, i'll just change startx and add -dpi 120 or something and see if that helps

you mentioned you were enjoying 1920x1200 resolution. You can do that on a 24" monitor attached to a pc too :) cheaper :)

i have pc on a 37" tv - but i need to change the dpi on the mac ;) - mac is for business, pc is for htpc :)

startx? Eh?

There is no way to change the size of the fonts system wide. This was mainly done so that all Macs have the same look and feel and so that some basic assumptions can be made in the core OS in terms of how big a certain font is and thus what the height of certain aspects of the window is.

You are free to use Universal Access with the zoom feature to zoom in and out of the desktop at will.

You may also check out TinkerTool, it may do what you want it to do: http://www.bresink.com/osx/TinkerTool.html

yes i realised after i changed startx that it didnt work ;) - thanks for the tip X i will give it a look over later when i have transferd everything across

Thanks X worked a treat - would rep you but its telling me i have to spread it about - thought i did enough but guess not

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back