• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hot sax!

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
good, I have your attention

I have a folder that contains about 6,000 digital photos. Well, it takes that folder a good 5 min to open. I have it on thumbnail view, and I know that that is a major issue right there, but I was wondering if the tweak that disables time and date updating would help?

Just a little housecleaning. ;) Now, would that be 'Yackety Sax, by Boots Randolph? Dude could toot a horn now. Lonman

oops, that's why I shouldn't be allowed near my computer when I first wake up! Its should be "Hot Sex!"
And, man, you wanna talk about hot sax? Listen to some of Miles's "Bitches Brew"

N

notoes

Well you could try deleteing some pictures, or putting them on a server. Otherwise change the thumbnail to details, put them in seperate folders, or disable Thumbnail Caching: Tools-Folder Options - View Tab - Tick Do not Cache Thumbnails

Or if you want to be really cool, use dos and do a del *.*
:)

no, the best thing to do if u wanna keep the thumbnail view is to look for a tweak that decreases the cache on the tumbnails HERE
it's under performance tweaks..i think.
enjoy:D

D

DoubleClick

Forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't decreasing the thumbnail cache size actually make it slower? I mean that is the point of caching them, to make them display faster? The more pics the more cache needed. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies