Home Server Hard Disk Recommendations Please

Yeah they did along with adding a truck load of new features :)

Rather than service packs (mainly bug features), MS decided to call them power packs as they add new features.

Power pack 2 has just been release which adds Media Centre integration :D (although you could do that before using shared folders).

There seems to be a good community developing for WHS, I guess it also helps that MS released the SDK for the connector software :)

Really locking forward to Home Server 2, should be even better (will be server 2008 based).

shame there are no drivers from nvidia for the board under win2003, might have to go to asus site and look it over there

shame there are no drivers from nvidia for the board under win2003, might have to go to asus site and look it over there

Which board is that? If its an early nforce one I will have a look for you as there were some custom releases (I had a nvidia nforce 2 ultra).

You will most likely be fine with the generic drivers, the only thing is if you have any sort of raid you wish to use.

Right I have ordered a 750gb WD green power :) As it was on offer decision made:)

I have also ordered a 5 bay hard drive hot swap module, this will require a significant amount of modding............. I will have to enlarge my opening on the front of the case and completely re-do the drive cage........ I can see this becoming a big project ;)

I will start a new thread and update it with my build :)

Thanks for all the help :)

My 750Gb WD drive came in a antistatic bag wrapped in bubble wrap :)
I have had hard disk come in all sorts of packing though!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back