• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Home-made comp.

E

erickq

AMD AthlonXP 2400+
512mb pc2700
asus a7v8x motherboard
ati radeon 9500 pro 128mb
52x Asus Cd-rom
52x Memorex CDRW drive

Recently I have built my computer and everything is running fine so far. Except for a few things that are pissing me off. Whenever i try to run Warcraft III my computer wants to restart or sometimes freeze. I dont know what the problem is. I installed the graphx drivers and xp sp1 from the windows update site and im not sure what i should do. is there any bios settings i could change or any known fixes out there? Also i have onboard sound and whenever i listen to music it doesn't sound right, before it had better quality sound and now it sucks. but the sound thing is not as big of a problem as the graphx card problem i have.

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
You shouldn't worry if only one game makes u problems .. Somehow you should specify what drivers ( vs ) you've installed for your ATi card ..

Sound = what chipset has your mobo ? Have u installed it's drivers ? ..

R

rettahc

It could very well be the sound card drivers that are causing the Warcraft problems. A bad set of sound drivers will mess some games up. Try reinstalling or updating them.

J

jcs83md

Be afraid. I lost a monitor and a motherboard in a 1-week span, both while playing Warcraft 3.

B

Bretenn

i experineced this kind of prob b4.... my prob is bcoz i enable the eax (my old creative live 5.1)... it is the driver prob... so try change to another settings...... see can solve it or not!

E

erickq

modem drivers

hey thank you all for looking into my problem, i just wanted to say that i think its my modem drivers that are messing up the game, when i unisntalled the game all the games (quake,warcraft III, and battlefield 1942) all worked fine, but when i installed the drivers again (for the modem) then it started messing up again. the problem is that there isnt a new modem driver on the website. i have a gtran wireless modem and card reader usb, and its dotsurf dialer v1.4. i don't know what i should do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn