• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help with Counterstrike source

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
I have a question, That needs help. Very recently i have been having trouble with counterstrike source, it keeps freezing me up and my computer. It never did this before and lately i cant go 15 minutes without it happening. Any ideas? your help will be greatly appreciated.
- Jack

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Steam has had a few updates recently. If you are continuing to have problems, the easiest resolution is simply a full re-install of the game using your steam account to download everything.

That would be my suggestion.

Alternatively, if you are using C n Q with your processor and it is active, consider de-activating it and see if that helps. I have had C n Q issues with some apps with the X2 proc which I did not with my old A64 3400+ which involved a freeze and required a hard-boot to get back up and running.

I disabled it and things work great ever since.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Sazar said:
Steam has had a few updates recently. If you are continuing to have problems, the easiest resolution is simply a full re-install of the game using your steam account to download everything.

That would be my suggestion.

Alternatively, if you are using C n Q with your processor and it is active, consider de-activating it and see if that helps. I have had C n Q issues with some apps with the X2 proc which I did not with my old A64 3400+ which involved a freeze and required a hard-boot to get back up and running.

I disabled it and things work great ever since.
How do i disable C n Q?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Right-click on desktop, go to Properties > Screen Saver > Power and select the Home/Office profile if it is not already selected. To enable C n Q, you would simply use the profile for minimal power manager.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Sazar said:
Right-click on desktop, go to Properties > Screen Saver > Power and select the Home/Office profile if it is not already selected. To enable C n Q, you would simply use the profile for minimal power manager.
hmm you kind of lost me, my computer is set to home/office desk. Is that what i want it to be set to?
- Jack

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Yes, if it is already set to that, do the other thing I suggested, re-installing CS:S

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card, or even try reinstalling them if you do have the latest

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Hi Everyone, installing the game again seaemed to work for a few days, but now its back freezing again. I have a dual core system and like GTA i am wondering if maybe i need to run the game on only one core? My friend also has this problem but i doubt as often as me. This happens to me probably 3 times a day when im playing counter strike. Is there anything that micht be wrong with my machine?
- Jack

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown