HELP! Trying to install sound card driver

S

steveklebs

Hey everyone,

I just installed XP Pro today, however, I am having some trouble installing my driver for my soundcard (I currently have no sound)

That is what the error looks like.... please help, I need my music!
Thanks

-Steve

Lonman

Bleh!
Need more info. What kind of soundcard, m/b? Did you let XP do a search for a suitable driver before pointing it to your installation disk?

S

steveklebs

it is a Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II ... I did let XP do a search... it said it found new hardware, however could not find the driver to run it

Lonman

Bleh!
Are the drivers from the manufacturers web site, or from an old installation disk?

Lonman

Bleh!
Do you have an installation disk with Win2k, WinME, etc. drivers on it? If you do, you might want to give each of those a shot to see if you can get it working.

S

steveklebs

Ok, I am actualy getting this error when trying to install any program... so now I need some help with what this error is

G

GeeZuZz

My friend has that card and the drivers on the cd did not work...

you'll have to download the XP drivers from their homepage, if you haven't already done that...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plesuvius