Help me with my avatar...

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
Hello,
could spmeone work on this image so that I can use it on Osnn AND Msn 7 for the later cut my wolf ears and the bottom of the image...
For my Osnn avatar, I know I just have to resize it for it to fit our size limits, I can do it later myself ;)
But for Msn 7, I know the problem is due to the image height and I don't know what to do as I don't want the image to be flattened...
Any help from you experts will be much appreciated !

Attachments

• 3e5f63974d5d9.jpg
    3e5f63974d5d9.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 130
You can use MSN Plus. I think it allows you to set higher resolution display pics. :)

thanx ~bk, but I do use Msn Plus and no such option afaik... :(
And it wouldn't solve my problem as my contacts would still see a truncated picture, I guess...

Will this work?

Attachments

• wolf resize.jpg
    wolf resize.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 131
  • wolf 96 96.jpg
    wolf 96 96.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 136
Thank you bush dogg, the 1st one doesn't work as resizing does not solve the height issue (already tried this). The 2nd is nice and working with Msn7 but I guess it will not be possible to do without left-right borders... that's sad :(

Your Welcome

With the height of the picture I don't know anyway to do this without the borders or serious crop. (crop didn't look to good)

This you might like better it don't look like the wolf is in a cage. I set it as a button with the bottom faded out to get the neck in the shot.

Attachments

• Wolf button2.gif
    Wolf button2.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 120
these work on msn

update

i made this along the way

howlingwolfossnsig4pp.gif

Attachments

• wolf1.jpg
    wolf1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 118
  • wolf2.jpg
    wolf2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Thank you egghead !

As you can see, I adopted the new sig you made at once, really nice ! But (yes, small one), could you please erase the ads, I don't dare doing it myself as I'm sure I would screw the wolf shadow, only the light stripe behind would be perfect !
Thanx again, I rep you for this !

As for the Msn avatar, it's fairly nice but the neck looks too weird in my opinion... anyway, I found another picture meanwhile, this one:

Attachments

• Wolf.jpg
    Wolf.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Howling Wolf said:
As for the Msn avatar, it's fairly nice but the neck looks too weird in my opinion...

Hi!

no worries.

If you display the pic in msn you will see that the top and bottom are cropped perfectly to fit in msn. you will not see the neck. only partial.

I will see what I can do about removing the ads. I no longer have the photoshop file so i would need to redo the sig.

cheers!

egghead said:
see if this one works for you

cheers
Just perfect, it seems :)
What more could I say ? Thank you !

ps: see in my sig the picture properties ;)

Are you looking for something like this?

Attachments

• Wolf2a.jpg
    Wolf2a.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 110
Thank you for the effort joyojoy, nice pic, but unfortunately, Msn7 crops it too much, ears are badly cut and throat also a little... thank you again ;)

Howling Wolf said:
Thank you for the effort joyojoy, nice pic, but unfortunately, Msn7 crops it too much, ears are badly cut and throat also a little... thank you again ;)

Thassokay... I think I understand what you're needing now: you basically need to make the vertical image into a perfect square, right? I played with it a bit more... basically recreated the rest of the background and extended his shoulder. Let me know if this works better... (I don't mean to sound overly eager or persistent... I just enjoy working in photoshop, and my daughter is majorly addicted to wolf rollplay, so she pushed me into working on it... :squareeye)

Attachments

• Wolf3.jpg
    Wolf3.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 118
joyojoy said:
Thassokay... I think I understand what you're needing now: you basically need to make the vertical image into a perfect square, right? I played with it a bit more... basically recreated the rest of the background and extended his shoulder. Let me know if this works better... (I don't mean to sound overly eager or persistent... I just enjoy working in photoshop, and my daughter is majorly addicted to wolf rollplay, so she pushed me into working on it... :squareeye)

Thank you joyojoy, this is it, Msn7 accepts it flawlessly :D
According to my mood, I'll use it or the white-on-black one you can see a few posts above.
As for your daughter, I too love wolves, that's why you can see at least a paw on one and every page of my site. Wolves are part of the American Indian culture, that's the reason why they have their place on my site and will have dedicated pages when I have time to... but before that happens, I do have many other things to do... ;)

Thank you again for my Msn avatar !

You're very welcome! I have always loved wolves myself and have a very deep reverence for Native American culture. If you ever need help with any graphics, just give me a holler.

joyojoy said:
You're very welcome! I have always loved wolves myself and have a very deep reverence for Native American culture. If you ever need help with any graphics, just give me a holler.

Thanx again, I'm not very creative/skilled as far as graphics are concerned, so I take good notice of your offer :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back