Help me!!! Its about 3D screensaver for WINDOWS XP

J

jojobean23

I got Xp about a month ago and I cant work my 3d Screensaver at all. I already have DirectX Installed an my computer and It still didnt work. Can anyone tell me to do!!!!

Originally posted by jojobean23
64 ram and dont what the other mean
Yep...you need more ram. I would suggest at least 256megs.
"Specs" is like processor, video card, hard drive, sound card...stuff like that.

Probaly older system without good 3d vid card. Outdated drivers, possibly?! You do need memory, though. What processor do you have (***MHZ)? We need to know something about your system in order to help you out.....

Can you tell what video card you have?? If not, right click on your desktop, click on "properties", and then click on the "settings" tab, and you should see where it list your monitor and video card, something like:

Viewsonic P-815 on a nVidia GeForce 2

Or something like that...........

Also, does your screensaver's configuration thingy come up??

Hmmmm, The Mach 64 is an older card. That would be a problem, for sure. Your best bet would be to see if that card is integrated into the motherboard and if you can update to a newer card (nVidia or ATI Radeon). See if you can get an AGP card, that requires an AGP slot on the motherboard, and definately get some more ram! 256 is a great start for XP, but 128 should suffice, depending on what you do with your system (Games or business apps). Video card can be gotten for about $100 (GeForce 2 MX or original Radeon) and memory should be around $40 for 128 megs. This depends on how many mem slots you have and if youll have to replace your mem with something bigger or not. Should be good to go after that, though. Hope this helps some.
Xsivforce, do you have any other thoughts???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back