Help installing AR Ramdisk 1.2

P

Powerchordpunk

I have XP Home and was having some trouble with installing AR Ramdisk with both methods described. When I get to the Add/Remove Hardware Wizard I can't click show all devices because it freezes after that. When I go to install through the system devices hardware category, An error says "The Specified Location does not contain any information about your hardware." When I do the right click install on the .inf, I reboot and nothing has changed. (No Icon in Program files) Does anyone have a step by step guide or advice on what to do? thanks.

I just got done installing it on Xp Home.Here we go...

Set a restore point(always).
Start the Add Hardware Wizard.
Click next.
Let it search,then click"Yes, I have already connected the Hardware".
Highlight "add a new hardware device".Click next.
Choose "Install the hardware that i manually select from a list".Click next.
Highlight "Show all devices".Click next.
Wait while it brings the window up(could be a minute or two-please be patient)
Click "Have Disk".
Browse to the Ramdisk.inf file.
Click OK.

That should work(it did for me).It may not be freezing when it brings up the "Show all Devices" window.It takes a few minutes to bring that up.Let it sit and see what it does(you may want to close any apps that are running to speed up the process).

Hope this does the trick for you.

How much RAM are you going to set it to use?I set mine at 50 megs,but I have no idea how big it can be without hurting performance.

at least 5-10 megs. That will be where the temporary internet files go. (and everytime the computer restarts it is clean, I think)

What else should I put on there?

I haven't put anything else but the internet temp folder yet.I'm gonna leave it at that for awhile,until I get an urge to play with something else.
I wonder if you could put the page file on it?Bet you can somehow,I'm just not sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back