• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help Getting Back to XP

So i got a new pc, its a gateway, comes with vista home, long story short i want xp back. problem is whenver i try to install it using the boot cd, i get the blue screen with the code:
0xF78D63C
0xC0000034
0x0000000
0x0000000
ive been doing a little research and it seems like xp can't install on sata drives? so i looked around and someone said it would work if i set the sata to read as IDE in the bios options, but that didn't work either, so im guessing my only option is to create a new xp boot disc with proper drivers bundled in? or can someone shed some light?

thanks for the reply but lemme elaborate:
the computer doesn't come with a floppy drive :(
i believe my only option is to "slipstream" windows? right now im integrating sp2 into the xp boot disc but thats as far as this tutorial goes, you wouldn't happen to know how to add drivers to the xp disc would you?

Or if that looks like too much work download "nlite" and follow the simple GUI.

Just for grins have you called Gateway and complained about the "defective" operating system they pre-installed and told them you want install disks for XP with drivers included or you will be forced to return ther PC and bring charges against them for selling defective mecrchandise? :)

Class action suits have already been launched against deceptive business practices associated with VISTA.

haha thanks for that nlite tip...the instructions looked a little crazy haha, and another thing, where can i download the needed sata drivers, do i need a certain one or is there a generic one i can use?

ok i think i got the right driver.. but nlite is asking for a .inf file and the driver i dl'd is a .exe, i tried extracting through dos but it ignores the command and just runs the setup, what can i do?

run the setup until the first dialog box. Find the extracted drivers and copy them onto a disk :)

Use that brain of yours and learn something new :)

alright now it seems that my disc won't boot... :( im using nero 7, settings that change are selecting CD (boot) then the type of emulation : no emulation, changing the label name and joilet to the original name of my xp disc and im using the microsoft corporation.img from the original disc anything im missing or doing wrong?

But really using an xp machine without a floppy drive is daft :)
Until SATA became mainstream I considered floppy disks obsolete. Now I am undone because they insist on using dinosaur technology! Why Microsoft can't just make it so you can look for the drivers on a cd I don't know.

Until SATA became mainstream I considered floppy disks obsolete. Now I am undone because they insist on using dinosaur technology! Why Microsoft can't just make it so you can look for the drivers on a cd I don't know.
Floppy disks are useful for more than just sata drivers :)

I'm not having a go, I'm just interested in knowing:
But what do you use them for? I haven't used a floppy for anything other than SATA drivers in about 5 years!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix