• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Heatsink bending board?

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
Im setting up a computer for my parents, nothing fancy, but i noticed that the stock Intel fan that came with the CPU snaps in, while installing i noticed the board is being pulled up on all for corners.....

Attachments

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Well.... once you get it screwed into the case, i doubt there'll be any bending. :p

a bit of warping is quite common with heatsinks, just usually not noticable due to the circumstances. The easiest ones to notice are on slightly overtightened aftermarket VGA heatsinks. those boards tend to bend rather easily sometimes.

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
Thanks, i had just never seen that before, but once it was all screwed down it was fine!

I do have one issue, my fans (except cpu fan) are all stuck on high speed, how can i fix this issue?

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Thanks, i had just never seen that before, but once it was all screwed down it was fine!

I do have one issue, my fans (except cpu fan) are all stuck on high speed, how can i fix this issue?
Bios will have fan speed setting but will go off of a preset range of temperatures.

I use SpeedFan to adjust fan speeds and monitor voltages/fan speeds/CPU and MB temperatures. SpeedFan can be set to exact setting to raise or lower fan speeds.

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political User
Yeah the bios setting suck for this board. There is three categories and each has three options which did nothing!

As for speedfan, i downloaded that but an unaware how to set all the fans to automatic

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
In the start menu list for SpeedFan, click on the Help and HOW TO icon.

Scroll down to How to Configure then click to expand and choose what part you need help with.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies