• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Has anyone heard of "voblaizdupla"? Malware?

DSLavictoire

OSNN Non Member?
Does anyone know anything about something called volbaizdupla? It popped up in system32 folder and tried to access the internet when I logged on to a network. File name voblaizdupla.exe. Search engines give out absolutely nothing, Symantec says its not a virus and Spybot, along with a battery of other small anti-spyware and etc, doesnt recognize it.

Doesnt seem super dangerous, I got it quarantined.. I find it interesting that no one nowhere has anything posted on it.

DSLavictoire

OSNN Non Member?
Re: voblaizdupla

spelling is good on the filename :lick:

heres more info on what it did:

It tried to access the internet twice, once to no specified destination and then again at the very same time to destination IP 81.177.3.175:80 (says ZoneAlarm)

Nothing in the file properties seems relevant other than its 6.92 KB, The date only indicates when I unquarantined it (I should have noted it before - and 6.92 KB seems pretty small to me).

I would have to run let the program run again in order for hijackthis to tell me anything and I would rather wait for a miracle answer. :) If it gets to that though, Ill do it. I am tempted to submit it to symantec or other corps.

DSLavictoire

OSNN Non Member?

Its starting to pop up over other forums too now, seems like its a trojan and definitions are coming out for it, already have on some anti-viruses and anti-whatevers. Not too efficient a trojan though since you only have to stop and delete it... Thanks all! The ppl at ripe.net are, um, am I allowed to swear?

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu

DSLavictoire said:
....am I allowed to swear?
yes and no.....

I shall demonstrate:- "The man that should not have been there felt like a spare prick at the wedding" - "I turned the air blue after I dropped the ****ing brick on my bloody toe"

See? ;)

Last edited:

falconguard

Carbon based lifeform
Political User
another lesson in the "Using English in a colorful, and alliterative way."

Thank you MFG :D
DLavictoire-thanks for the heads up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fontjohnson