Hardware Specification Check, Please!

Re: Moonwraiths' hardware questification

Thread's been renamed again! Abuse abuse!

The nvidia fanboy in me is crying :( I'm not sure I could get an ATI card, especially now whenever I upgrade again I could just use the 280 as a PPU, it makes sense, no? :(

I'll mull things over, and in a month's time when I get my phat-ass pay cheque, I'll be back for final confirmation.

Thanks for all your advice/nuggets of knowledge so far!

Re: Moonwraiths' hardware soft pr0n thread...

ATI cards have immensely powerful shader units, not sure about the gtx 280.

nVidia as you say has the advantage of GPU accelerated phsyx now though. ATI cards while they offer the feature I don't see it available in driver form, etc.

I'm seeing a pattern between people's replies and thread name changes!!!! :p

Why's that? Out of curiousity?

180 degree PVA panel, 1000:1 contrast ratio (which you will only see on £400+ displays otherwise) and I have one on my desk :D

ATI is actually slowly taking over dominiation in the GPU market. NVIDA is starting to slip a bit - check out the new ATI line, quite amazing :)

I could actually order it all tomorrow :x turns out I'm not waiting an extra month to get paid...

Problem is ofc, ordering tomorrow leaves me with not-much-moneys to survive til the next pay cheque... HMMMMMM

Guess i could buy the PC and wait on the monitor.. but that'd be pretty upsetting :p or wait a month. DAMNIT!!

the number of times I've done that and been limited to ham sandwhiches for a week is silly :D

I have said it once I will say it again...

THE PSU is the HEART of ANY PC... especially gaming or high performance PC's...

There is only one PSU which I would reccomend for high power consumption:

PC, POWER & COOLING...

Get the figures of your system add approx 30% and you should be covered for upgrades and additions then goto the PC, Power and cooling website:

http://www.pcpower.com/index.html

and choose your PSU... For this system, I would reccomend:

http://www.pcpower.com/power-supply/silencer-610-eps12v.html

Mike A!

I think... I'm going to order tonight, and if I find the system to be not-as-mind-blowing-as-it-could-be, then I can always get a second GPU.

Current plans include getting the 27inch dell sexyashell monitor and an X-Fi titanium pro next month's pay cheque - instead of having to skimp on a monitor

Sounds like a good system. I would have been torn between the Ramage Mobo and a Maximus II board myself .. Then there is also the Crosshair II which is an AMD Nforce 780a instead of a Intel crossfire, like the Rampage and Maximus II. Man the choices !! I am seriously thinking about AMD64 Quad Cores :)

Good luck with it ..

This thread should be renamed "Why I hate city-link..."

Seriously. Expected delivery, yesterday - so I take the day off, so someone's definitely in the house.

Come 18:30, I get pretty pissed off - So I ring up, apparently mine and a few others were "missed". So the guy tells me he'll 'upgrade' me to pre-9 delivery. It's 2 minutes past 9, where's my delivery bitches?! I'm already 2 hours late for work >.>

Still nothing! What the christ! /weeps

I'm having to take days off from work for a stupid delivery company :(

Aha! The parts are here, wish me teh luck - I'm sure I'll be on here panicing in no time!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back