halflife:counter-strike problem

D

dayneh88

ok, this is big, so listen up,
i got the retail version of halflife:counter-strike and i installed it, then i was told to download the update which updates to 1.0.0.3 which i downloaded and installed and then i was told to go and download the update 1.0.0.4 so i did that aswell. So thats done and installed and everything is updated.

Now when i enter the game it loads and gets into the main menu and it reads:

NEW GAME - NOT HIGHLIGHTED
TRAINING - HIGHLIGHTED
CONFIGURATION - HIGHLIGHTED
LOAD GAME - NOT HIGHLIGHTED
PLAY CS - HIGHLIGHTED
CUSTOM GAME - HIGHLIGHTED
VIEW README - HIGHLIGHTED
HOW TO PLAY - HIGHLIGHTED
QUIT - HIGHLIGHTED

And heres the big one, why can't i click on NEW GAME, it doesn't let me and i've installed the latest updates and is still doesn't let me. The only thing close to anything is training and I've done that like 6-7 times and still nothing, it still won't allow me to click on NEW GAME or LOAD GAME.

If anyone can help me with this matter asap it would be grately appreciated.

Thankyou very much for your time,
Dayne

so you can't click "Play CS" and join or create a net game?

Originally posted by dayneh88

NEW GAME - NOT HIGHLIGHTED
TRAINING - HIGHLIGHTED
CONFIGURATION - HIGHLIGHTED
LOAD GAME - NOT HIGHLIGHTED
PLAY CS - HIGHLIGHTED
CUSTOM GAME - HIGHLIGHTED
VIEW README - HIGHLIGHTED
HOW TO PLAY - HIGHLIGHTED
QUIT - HIGHLIGHTED

That is how it should be... New Game doesn't matter as Counter-strike is an online-only game with the exeception fo third party bots ( http://podbot.nuclearbox.com ) and the training missions...

Load game will be hilighted if you save your training mission.
The Training mission is not available in the mod version however (except steam)... You can start or join a CS game by going to Play CS.

its like it should be, no problem what so ever, and why would u want to create a net game cos there a complete waste of time unless u have a very fast con, even ADSL isn't fast enough got a decent amount of ppl on ur server!

ima a hardcore CSers so i know whats up. JK (maybe)

N-E ways did you install any cuztom paks such as the fusion pak or did you install a shell. Go in to your halflife>cstrike>gfx and look for icons that say quickgame, configration, play cs, etc. make sure they are inthere, maybe thats the problem if not go to and download fusion pak its nice pak which changes player skins sounds and weapon skin.

all of you misunderstood his question beside the admin up there..... i have been playing for 2 years now and i know whats what with my cs..... you cant click "new game".... its on the first screen and its there because you need it when you dl single player missions and mods.... dl a mod from planethalflife.com or whereever and play that... you will be able to click new game... if you dont want to do that.... just settle with net games..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back