• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Great tool for extracting .vb (music) files from GTA3/Vice City

After months of searching, I just found a great tool for the .vb music files that are used by GTA3 and Vice City on the PS2. It's called MFaudio and can be downloaded here.
Use this tool to navigate to the .vb files on the disc (D:\AUDIO\MUSIC for GTA:VC where D:\ is your DVD drive) and set the following options:
Frequency: set to 16000 for talk radiostations and 32000 for music radiostations;
Interleave: 2000 bytes

Now click 'Play' to listen to the radiostation! You can also convert the files to WAV, but remember to have mucho drive space available. I recommend 1 GB just to be safe.

Ain't this amazing?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
I'm trying to figure it out with Vice City for PS2 disc, but the audio is really fast. Can you tell us the exalt settings for all the options?

Thanks,

lieb39

F.Y.I. : I am trying to get it to work on the emotion radio station

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Never mind, got it to work. Used the settings that Glaanieboy said to use. Great find! Saved me from going out to buy the soundtrack :)

Thanks!

Lockstok: Just try it. I am gonna try it on some demos as I don't have much PS2 games.

lieb39: Glad you like it :D

I only wanted a tool like this to convert those talkstations to MP3's, now I can enjoy them :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix