Graphic Card won't fit??

Pictures not showing.

You can attach pictures by going to Additional Options which is located below the Reply to Thread message box. Click on the Manage Attachments button.

I see the pics are here - but in the meantime I had another (simpler) idea....

If you go into your computers BIOS it will show up with some AGP settings like aperture and speed selection, simple huh? On the other hand PCIexpress will probably throw up other stuff... so there is a simple way for you to check out what you have at the mobo side of things.

I am sure others will examine pics and give you direct help also though :)

Nope, won't fit. Your board is not AGP, but the card.... That's AGP...
Your board is PCI-E

Yeah, it's PCI Express on the mobo, but it's obvious why it won't fit...

The card had 2 notches in it and 3 sections of pins. The board has space for 1 notch.

The pin lay out on the side of the card closest to the bracket (the name for that mettle thing you were talking about) is long, but on the mobo it's short. The pin layout can not match...

You've got to get back to a best buy with the gift receipt or some form of proof of purchase and do an exchange. Time is also of the essence, as most stored have a time limited exchange period, be it 10 days, a month, whatever. The specific period in which you're allowed to return it, should be available on the receipt, and possibly online at their website:

http://www.bestbuy.com

I did a search, but the results are in a javascript session, and so might expire (require a new search from you) at some time:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...7&entryURLID=cat12085&entryURLType=page&h=303

What you're interested in, is their return policy. There is no way to make that card play with your motherboard. The slot interface for the thing is just wrong for it...

What's likely is that your mother didn't know, and so didn't ask the right questions at BB; at which point the sales guy (who might or might not know any better) picked up on the wrong idea, and handed her the box for an AGP card...

Last edited:
i'd also greatly consider looking for a new power supply too if you plan to use the x700. i've read that the power supply in the T6520 is only 300 watts. if that's the case, then i don't think that'll be enough juice to provide for all the hardware.

K that's what I thought the problem would be.. guess I was hoping that that wasn't the case.. How many watts should my power supply have to run good PCI-E cards?

honestly i'm not 100% sure on exactly how many watts..... but i THINK maybe a 400w could handle it... if not then 500w should handle it easily. Hopefully someone else will reply soon that might know if a 400 watt would handle it so you don't need to spend even more money on the power supply.

According to Radeon X700 specs on ATI's site you do not need an extra power connector for the PCIe model and for AGP it is 300W or greater. Maybe just get the right card and see how things go. If you start having crashes when playing games or other times (that you did not have before) then you may need a higher wattage power supply.

Thanks everyone for all your help.. I think I'm going to take my AGP card back and get a PCIe card. According to Radeon's website I shouldn't need any more wattage. Thanks again

Congratulations. You have proved BB sales guys are stupid.

That is an AGP slot video card in your hand and a PCI-express video slot in your computer. Exchange time.

Good thing you got this sorted out m8 :cool:

Now just get that new card installed and BOOM, yer all set.

Q4 will likely chug, a fair bit, on that card, but you should be able to play it to some degree. It's a crap game though :(

what mobo are u using? it seems like he is trying to fit an AGP card into a PCI Xpress board

Nismo83 said:
what mobo are u using? it seems like he is trying to fit an AGP card into a PCI Xpress board

A little late but yes everyone has told him this by now! :lick:

Oh wait can I drag this WAY OT?

I am an Nvidia fan<< :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah everythings pretty much sorted out... Thanks everyone.. BB salesmen do suck.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
A little late but yes everyone has told him this by now! :lick:

Oh wait can I drag this WAY OT?

I am an Nvidia fan<< :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
/me screams! :dead:

have to agree with Sazar..... Q4 was highly overrated even before it's release to live up to the hype everyone made for it. i mean.... yeah.... they used Doom 3's engine.... but they didn't have to use Doom 3's DARKNESS! i hate playing through a game... and having need of excessive use of the flashlight... ESPECIALLY when it can't be used with EVERY weapon.

Yeah i love my x700. I have BF2 on all high with an AMD 3200+ 2.0GHZ and 1.5 GB Ram so depending on your other specs you can probably do a high-end medium setting or lowish high setting on most current gen games (Doom 3, Half-life 2 ect...)

one thing I like on this thread.... everyone, nearly (Kermit!) keeps veering OT but CaKarst keeps it pretty much on the level - se he got some rep ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back