• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

GPO Review - Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
It's that time of week again! W00t!

I don't have anything on my particular section of startup and shutdown, however I do have some in the logon/logoff section, but we will get to that at a later time.

Anyone want to share concepts, or the scripts entirely? .VBS or .BAT?

Post away ppl!

Attachments

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I'm thinking something useful here would be to auto-delete all files in the following directories....

c:\documents and settings\%username%\cookies
c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\history
c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\temp
c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\temporary internet files
c:\windows\prefetch
c:\windows\temp

OK, OK, maybe a little aggressive EVERY time, but it's habit. I have dabbled with a batch file to do this before, but I don't always get all the files, or all the folders, or vice versa. I'm learning VBScript, but it's on the back burner due to like a billion other projects.

Anyone have something similar, or input?

mooo

thecyberninja
hmm, what os are you running, if you are on a network and have AD setup there is an option for that. Not sure about normal login/logout though

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
mooo said:
hmm, what os are you running, if you are on a network and have AD setup there is an option for that. Not sure about normal login/logout though
I am running WIN2K3 Enterprise

I got a bit confused, the post I put above would have been related to logon/logoff. But, now that I think about it, I could do an else/if type setup to clear all users only at startup/shutdown.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
When you start pricing licensing for Microsoft products then it gets expensive. Which I am sure you already know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar