Got Vonage?

Monopolistic Territory Brother, Monopolistic Territory.

It is also a type of price-gouging, we literraly have ZERO alternatives for such services, and I live in a fairly wealthy/highly populated area.

Too bad I'm not as wealthy as everyone else who lives in my area :p

I hear yah man i hear yah...
My town is God Damn rich that its not even funny, the kids in my town don't even know what the real world is...
My family is so cheap too...
-Jack

I don't know if this makes sense to you guys but a mate on another forum was looking in to getting Vonage when another guy posted this reply.
For those of you that are thinking about getting Vonage, make sure that they have a local number for you..

Hence:

If you live in Toronto, make sure that they have a number IN Toronto

Someone just called me that lives here in Bakersfield. I asked her if she has Vonage cause on the caller ID it says Vonage..

She says yes but she doesn't like it cause there's no local Bakersfield number and anyone that calls her has to pay long distance..

Yep..

Even her neighbor next door..

Now that's the pits..

I guess it would be ok as long as you had a local number..

Your outbound calls are cheeper..

It's the inbound..

All your friends could be paying long distance..

Umm...
No, that doesnt make sense to me...
I am pretty sure that Vonage goes through your cable connection and your current number is your new number...
Also Vonage says all long distance calls are free, so...
Is he talking about the same Vonage?
-Jack

Just got rid of Qwest and added broadband phone service through Mediacom. $29.95 a month with my cable tv and internet. I was paying $45-55 a month. Free long distance and allot of cool features (I'll never use)

I still think its very odd that you spoke to comcast and they said it would cost that much...
I would be a bit sceptical if i were you... But you probably don't have the time to call again...:)
-Jack

Hmm, here my cable bill (without the Internet) is $91 a month, for the remainder of the year. Was like $96 for digital+ and 2 premium channels, but there was a special where I get all the channels for $5 less now, so :D In Albuq, Comcast charges $10 for the digital box, and there isn't an additional charge (well the + has one, but includes more channels over basic digital). Still $10 is more then $7... They could price different in different areas. Number of channels might or might not be a consideration too, though lineups would have to be compared from different areas to say...

Nah, I don't have Vonage, as I have aDSL... Wouldn't save me a phone, one bit. I had a former classmate who did get it, and apperently one can use their old phone number or get a new one. He chose the latter, as being a poor college student, who also had a wife, bill collectors were getting after him. He wanted a number they couldn't find...

BTW, before Vonage, cell phones served a bit of competition for the land line. Many people figured out that the cell phone would be cheaper, all things said, so many people locally got their cell as their only phone, and skipped the land line altogether. I know of people who did that a few years back...

--------------------->"Son Goku's Statement"
:( <----------------- My Head

Nice machine kcnychief!
that looks really good!
BTW that is worrysome...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back