Got laid-off from work :(

Xie

- geek -
I got laid off from work yesterday, so if I seem overly grumpy or whatnot it's just that (and not that I hate you). :) Anyhoo I guess that's it since you guys are like my 2nd family. :p

I got laid off from work yesterday, so if I seem overly grumpy or whatnot it's just that (and not that I hate you). :) Anyhoo I guess that's it since you guys are like my 2nd family. :p
everyone's getting laid off around my town xie, I believe my company will be out of business next year unless there is some kind of dramatic turnaround

I believe this is no longer a recession, we are in the mid stages of a depression in the states

we're in for a rough ride to be sure, I hope you find work soon

I almost got laid off work.... dammit!!! Maybe they should have went through with it with me... lol :p

I'm leaving for camping in a few minutes for the weekend ... hopefully can clear my head and I'll be fine .. see you all sunday. Oh and thanks! :D

well sorry to read you got laid-off but enjoy your weekend

Wow, I really need to stop breaking up sentences by hyphens :p

Sorry to hear Xie, hope you find something new soon. Hope you saved a bit to hold you.

Sorry to hear, I know the feeling. 8 years ago, was on lay off for almost a full year. was tough, but you have to stay positive. :) have a good time camping Xie

Cripes, I'm sorry, xie. I'm lookin for a job, too ... contract ended last Friday and it's not a lot of fun.

Not sure if I mentioned it out in the public forums but I no longer work where I worked either. I won't say too much more until its all over but basically I was forced out and made to accept a payoff.

Its one of the few things that have been eating away at me recently, didn't really help that I had to keep up appearances due to a laptop giveaway but I am doing my best to work things out.

Damn, anybody else want to pile in on this? Well heres to a pint, and if ya don't, I won't think any less. Here's hoping that you will all find a better job, that pays twice as much with half the work.

I just got my contract renewed with a small company in the UK. It was kind of bumpy, being a one man person means I have limitations, and certain needs I may not be able to meet, luckily we were able to work it out.

Damn, theres a lot of redundancies going on by the looks of things. Hope you all keep well and manage to find another one.

I just got my contract renewed with a small company in the UK. It was kind of bumpy, being a one man person means I have limitations, and certain needs I may not be able to meet, luckily we were able to work it out.

As opposed to being a 2 man person? :eek:

:smoker:

:( Good luck Xie and EP, times are tough for everyone these days

Thanks all! :) Got back from camping today and feel a bit better about life.

Sorry to hear your in a similar boat EP. :( I hope it all works out ok for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back