Google Earth for Mac OS X (Beta)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Joined
31 Mar 2002
Messages
15,807
As posted on the front page, Google Earth is in development for OS X (and has been for a while actually 😉)

As I've managed to get my hands on it (Screen + Comments: http://speedyb.co.uk/?page=comment&sel=424), I thought I'd share with you lot, thanks to my uber-shite upload speed, it's taking a while to dump on rapidshare, but I'll post the link when it's up 😀
 
nice 🙂, i cant wait to try it out, how is it?
 
Attached.

Screenshot of app in full, preferences (With DirectX option 😛), About window, and the app logo.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 134
  • GoogleEarthLogo.png
    GoogleEarthLogo.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 173
The product being in beta is pretty good, things they will need to fix in my books:

1. When entering a fly to location, Apple + A needs to select the entire text in that box
2. The mouse movement should be smoother, that however could be due to my underpowered iBook

Overall, it is awesome. unfortunately the print function does not work, yet, so I will keep hoping that it will sometime in the near future.
 
Mouse movement works fine here, do you have your CPU use set to 'highest' in the energy preferences?

Also wouldn't have known about the print function, not having a printer hooked up at the moment 😀
 
SPeedY_B said:
Mouse movement works fine here, do you have your CPU use set to 'highest' in the energy preferences?

Also wouldn't have known about the print function, not having a printer hooked up at the moment 😀


Yes, CPU is set at highest. It is just jumpy, it jumps around. As in I try to move it a few CM's across my screen, instead it jumps the entire screen, moving what I wanted completely out of view.
 
Now I'm on holiday I have the time to give this a quick roll and as usual, my home is so blurry I can just make out the roads. But as an application, its looking really good.

My mouse scrolling is very smooth on the 1.33GHz G4 with the Highest performance setting. Its something to keep an eye on for myself anyway. Very nice first attempt.

I'm still a little weary as to why this isnt showing up on the earth.google.com site as an Official Beta? Any ideas?
 
That will be why then, it just seems odd that they release all their other beta's but not this.
 
Probably an internal/private test, not really a beta, at a guess. Who knows.

either way, it works, and that's all that matters 😀
 

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
62,021
Messages
673,242
Members
5,642
Latest member
osipov
Back
Top