• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Goodbye XP

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Just thought I'd give a shout out since today is the last day that XP is officially supported. I know many, if not all, of us came here in the xp-erience.org days because of issues with XP. I know I wound up here after first trying to install the infamous Devil's Own version back in Sept 2001 before RTM. It's been a fun ride even though I converted my last XP box (a netbook) to Windows 7 at least a year ago.

chastity

Staff member
Political User
I wonder if the "demise" of XP support that folks having issues or whatever may start showing up here and other places looking for help. Well we can say M$ had a very successful version of Windows with XP, may it rest in whatever

Well its the last public updates, some governments and corporations are paying an insane amount of money to get another year of patches, so there is always the chance those leak.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Almost all of the ATM's run on XP.

I was dual booting xp/7 pro and now dual boot XP/8.1 pro.

I have programs that I need that will not run on 7 or 8.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Yup, half sad to see XP go, it is afterall why this site began and was such a huge change from Windows 98 that many sites cropped up to help users get up and running.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown