• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gizmodo Pulls Prank at CES 2008

X-Istence

Political User
Brilliant.

I have one of these devices myself. I need to hack it to make the signal stronger though :D
More IR leds, or bigger ones are the only way to do so. Bigger IR leds means you also want to take with you extra batteries as they suck up power like it is nothing. More leds will not gain you that much.

Steevo

Spammer representing.
Political User
capacitate the IR leds. Sudden burst of powah makes everything in a mile range (mebey not quite that far) that can see the signal dump out. A unfiltered Fluorescent has the same effect sometimes, I had to change back to regular bulbs after my stuff would randomly change, turn on, off, turn up the volume, turn down the volume, etc... Freaky till i remembered that a radio in my bosses old shop would do the same thing untill we changed to a polarized fluorescent bulb. The lady next door called the cops cause the radio came on in the middle of the night blaring our classic rock. :D

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
Funny as hell. Heard they got banned from the event in the future. Then I heard that was a joke to. Still funny though.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Actually, I used to do stuff like this back in high school. A teacher would play us a video, I'd pull out my Palm, and from underneath my desk I'd turn off the TV at random intervals :p

Too ****ing fun :D

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political User
Actually, I used to do stuff like this back in high school. A teacher would play us a video, I'd pull out my Palm, and from underneath my desk I'd turn off the TV at random intervals :p

Too ****ing fun :D
I knew a guy who had a watch with built in remote (why that feature is built in is beyond me) and he used to do that stuff. Finally got caught by homeroom teacher. They made him sit in the hallway until the news (Channel 1 FTW) was over. So he started patrolling the halls and randomly killing other classes TV's. SUPER FUNNY!

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
That is soooo fvked up. :p

I would have got them all to address the crowed and apologize and see if the public forgives them or tar n feathers them. But... did they catch them or did they just cop to it later?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dixoncarry