Giants are the Champs

That was a text book defense game by the Giants, hope to see it next year too. great game. Hey were are those Pat's fans at.

where's vanquished?

Vanquished was at the SuperBowlAll I can say was that the halftime show was good. The game sucked. from eithr perspective. the game was truly slow and boring. Frankly the team that played better, won (although they didn't play well). Good thing I got the tickets for free or id be really pissed.

How can you say it sucked?

This is how a game SHOULD be :)

A grind-it-out, no more than 1 TD difference, every play counts, every error is magnified type of nail-biter is the epitome of what the sport should be about.

This IS what American Football should be. Granted a passer-friendly offense is appealing but I personally haven't been more entertained watching a Superbowl in a LONG time.

Also, for once, we didn't have a pansy kicker decide the game.

Vanquished was at the SuperBowlAll I can say was that the halftime show was good. The game sucked. from eithr perspective. the game was truly slow and boring. Frankly the team that played better, won (although they didn't play well). Good thing I got the tickets for free or id be really pissed.
Dude how the HECK can you say that? I guarentee if the Pats won and the game was the same, except ended 14-10 you wouldn't have said that....

I'm a Chiefs fan, so I'm in the middle of the teams for who was going to win, but that game was INCREDIBLE. Both teams stepped up and made plays pretty much all night long on both sides of the ball to keep the other team from gaining momentum. I was watching the highlights today and even those gave me chills. When Eli somehow got out of that circle of Patriots and threw the ball to Tyree and he used his helmet to secure it - WOW man, wow.

But yeah, you are right, it sucked :smoker:

He's just mad cause the Pats choked. :p

That's a shame though, because it was a great game and he should be able to just appreciate that :(

He's just mad cause the Pats choked. :p
well, saying the pats choked is insinuating they should have won if they played their game

they shouldn't have won, the giants had them out classed, the pats were out played on the field where out of 40 some odd ground plays they gained no ground or lost ground on 20 of them...or something like that I don't have the exact numbers

in any event, the better team won, the pats didn't choke, they played as good as they can play when they aren't allowed to cheat and their cameras are congiscated [tee hee]

as we see from this game, their wins came from cheating not ball playing

here's something everyone has missed and I say it now for all to say it and the legend begins

the giants inherit the 18-0 record

Last edited:
Is anyone else in agreement with me that the Giants Defense deserved the MVP and not Eli?

Granted Eli had the big play to score the second touchdown but still, if not for the amazing Defense, there is no way the game would have been close enough for Eli to do what he eventually did.

Is anyone else in agreement with me that the Giants Defense deserved the MVP and not Eli?

Granted Eli had the big play to score the second touchdown but still, if not for the amazing Defense, there is no way the game would have been close enough for Eli to do what he eventually did.
I would agree with that statement.

And, Gonaads, stfu :smoker: :p

All the stats and stuff are in the Gamebook.
When Eli somehow got out of that circle of Patriots and threw the ball to Tyree and he used his helmet to secure it - WOW man, wow.

Attachments

• tyree.jpg
    tyree.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 99

I agree the front 4 should have that mvp, Manning was a young QB who proved the media and skeptics wrong, granted, he has a few missed passes. but if you could remember watching him play, there was a nervousness in his eyes, but he kept his cool every time he was on that field. The entire Giants team wanted it more, they were more hungry to win. That was a great game. If you know football, x's and o's that game was great. :)

Justin Tuck FTW! 2 sacks 6 tackles and just all around mayhem on the defensive line. If their was ever a chance other than Eli it would have to have been him. This was a game plan right out of the Bill Parcells playbook, grind out long drives, control the clock and let your defense beat up the quarterback.

I seem to remember Coughlin also being part of Parcells old staff on the giants, along with some guy named Bellichick.

Granted the game was probably slower in real life due to all the tv timeouts. it was a magnificent game, this is what football is all about. Defense wins, and the G-men had the better defense.

Wow, what a lousy sore-loser type of response. I dare to say that if you didn't appreciate that game then you don't appreciate what real football is. Do you also think that baseball games ending 1-0 or 2-1 are slow and boring? A lot of scoring does not a great game make. This Super Bowl was incredible, and you are in the vast minority to think otherwise. What a shame that you were there and don't even appreciate it -- millions of people would have gladly taken your ticket and been grateful for experiencing it firsthand.

Baseball is slow... and boring. But... I still watch and go to games on occasion.

And, Gonaads, stfu :smoker: :p

Gotcha! :p

And yes the Defense stopped the Pats and could be MVP but, in defense of Mannning when the Defense held the Pats and kept the Giants close he moved the ball, controlled the clock and put it in the End Zone when it mattered. Plus that final drive was masterful. Hell that 4th down conversion, he made it work. They don't make it they loose. If he doesn't get away from that certain sack and game over. He gets away and launches a pass that really only Tyree could catch. That one play clinched it for Eli, with a lot of help from Tyree. But also before that play he was in trouble and got out of it, threw the ball although incomplete it kept them going and not deeper in the hole in yards to go. He may have looked nervous but you tell me what QB wouldn't their first ever Super Bowl. Yet he thought things out. He stayed in the pocket when he had to and moved when he had to. Plus he would still be without an interception if the receiver hadn't muffed the pass. Yeah it was low but was on target. He kept his team in it to the end just like the Defense did.

Tug of War games like that are the most exciting to watch because they go back and forth beating each other up till there is only one. The last man standing. As great Playoff/Super Bowl plays go, you have "The catch" form my team the 49ers, as one of a few. But I seriously think that this is the new "The catch" . But will be called, "The scramble, the throw, and the catch" or something better, catchier (no pun :p). All of the greatest plays have been of one play with a single player. This was a duet that could not be without either one.

We saw Eli become a true talent and leader throughout these Playoffs and in the Super Bowl. No longer in the shadow of his Brother nor his Father.

And for 2 Brothers to go back to back Super Bowl wins and MVPs has to be a first.

They shoulda played Three Dog Night's "Eli's Coming". :p

Last edited:
I think the true test will be how Eli will play next year now

Perhaps I'll draft him :D

Ok Perris, it is obvious that this post was made to enflame...
So I will disect your post and have a say about it...

I wanted the Pats to win, ONLY because I hate to hear the 72 Dolphins talk about how much better they are than every other team out there simply because they had an undefeated season... I am a Redskins fan, so the facts I post here are solely because you are incorrect in many of your statements, with the disclaimer out of the way:

Let me point out a few things for ya...

well, saying the pats choked is insinuating they should have won if they played their game

they shouldn't have won, the giants had them out classed, the pats were out played on the field where out of 40 some odd ground plays they gained no ground or lost ground on 20 of them...or something like that I don't have the exact numbers

Better check your facts the G-men had almost as many stuffed plays, and the stats prove it... go here:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxsc...x_score&season=2007&week=POST21&override=true

Here is the total rushing plays they took a loss:
Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards)3-7
No where near your 20 plays... SHEESH at least as a G-Men fan get your facts straight...

Also the reason why the G-men lost last time, and the same reason they won this time, was the fact that the Pats did not spread out their offense... new england was still worried about Brady's ankle and kept blockers instead of spreading out the G-Mens defense... I refer to my NEXT portion of this post... in 08 whether you want to believe it or not the Pats will still be the team to beat... and now that Maroney is healthy, I would dare say even more potent an offense than they had last year...

in any event, the better team won, the pats didn't choke, they played as good as they can play when they aren't allowed to cheat and their cameras are congiscated [tee hee] as we see from this game, their wins came from cheating not ball playing

This is the portion which was posted to incite others to react... you yourself as a moderator have said in the past that you will not tolerate such behavior, why is that when your team wins you can "bend" the rules? It was proven by the leagues own investigation that the Pats were not the only team doing this... and if I recall they went 18-0 without cheating... SO... what now jefe?

here's something everyone has missed and I say it now for all to say it and the legend begins

the giants inherit the 18-0 record

I will bet any amount of money that this doe NOT happen next year, I will also be willing to go one step further and say New England beats the G-men by a minimum of 7 points next year... if you care to make this bet... History is in the Pats favor...

Like my grandpa always said: "even a blind squirell finds a nut every now and then..."

I await your response...

Mike A!

Last edited:
Ok Perris, it is obvious that this post was made to enflame...
So I will disect your post and have a say about it...

I wanted the Pats to win, ONLY because I hate to hear the 72 Dolphins talk about how much better they are than every other team out there simply because they had an undefeated season... I am a Redskins fan, so the facts I post here are solely because you are incorrect in many of your statements, with the disclaimer out of the way:

Let me point out a few things for ya...

Better check your facts the G-men had almost as many stuffed plays, and the stats prove it... go here:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxsc...x_score&season=2007&week=POST21&override=true

Here is the total rushing plays they took a loss:
Tackled for a Loss (Number-Yards)3-7
No where near your 20 plays... SHEESH at least as a G-Men fan get your facts straight...

Also the reason why the G-men lost last time, and the same reason they won this time, was the fact that the Pats did not spread out their offense... new england was still worried about Brady's ankle and kept blockers instead of spreading out the G-Mens defense... I refer to my previous post... in 08 whether you want to believe it or not the Pats will still be the team to beat... and now that Maroney is healthy, I would dare say even more potent an offense than they had last year...

This is the portion which was posted to incite others to react... you yourself as a moderator have said in the past that you will not tolerate such behavior, why is that when your team wins you can "bend" the rules? It was proven by the leagues own investigation that the Pats were not the only team doing this... and if I recall they went 18-0 without cheating... SO... what now jefe?

I will bet any amount of money that this doe NOT happen next year, I will also be willing to go one step further and say New England beats the G-men by a minimum of 7 points next year... if you care to make this bet... History is in the Pats favor...

Like my grandpa always said: "even a blind squirrelly finds a nut every now and then..."

I await your response...

Mike A!

even a blind squirrel finds a nut and THAT'S why the giants beat the patriots?

errr

no, the giants beat the patriots because the patriots weren't allowed to cheat

as far as the stats, I repeated what they said on sports fan, they're usually correct but I defer to your research never the less

as far as the bet, do you think the pats and giants both make it to the super bowl next year?

if so, we have a bet

did I make the post to inflame?

sort of, but not in the sense of the rules you're siting, this is a sports discussion and every disagreement inflames the supporters of any team that cheats

I didn't know until this year the pats were cheaters, and I've been a patriot fan for quite a while, till I found out they were cheaters

I hate cheaters and will call them out

if the giants are cheaters also, I'll call them out on it as well

if you are saying all teams bend the rules so cheating is ok, I guess we're gonna disagree on that point

the pats can't play that level without cheating, they will NOT have a record anywhere near their record this year SINCE they won't be able to cheat and they will probably not make it to the final week

I don't think the giants make it either I might add, in any event, the giants inherit the 18-0 record since they beat the 18-team

it's linear don'tchaknow

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back