GFX prob (AOpen FX5200)

Syrus

OSNN Addict
Hi,
I bought my brother an AOpen FX5200 256mb and it came to day so i put it in his computer and line appeared down the monitor, bit like when you get a dodgy reception with a TV.
is that something to do with the settings or is it because the gfx card is faulty?

Thnaks
Dan

what kinda chipset does your mobo have on it. may need to updat your chipset. have you tried taking out the card and putting it back in? and what drivers are you using for it? sorry about all the questions but i have a geforcefx 5200 myself and it was muked up had to update my chipset and the latest drivers from nvidia suck.;)

How did you go about removing the old one? What was the old one? Sometimes its better to do a repair install with xp , or even format a start fresh, are you sure his motherboard can handle that card, some older boards cant.

it doesn't work on my machine i should add, the chipset for my pc is the Intel 845p and the one in my brothers computer is a VIA KT400A(amd) and the driver im trying to use is the latest Nividia driver, the 52.16 or whateva it is

Both those chipsets shoudl support the FX5200 just fine.

If the card doesn't even show a VGA boot screen then the card is most likely bad. Surprising, I thought Aopen was a good brand. Were there any signs this card may have been a return (missing stuff, opened seals, etc.).

Make sure your Bios is set to use VGA at start up (lowest common vid interface). If you still don't get a boot screen then RMA time.

If you do get a boot screen it could be a driver conflict. Get detonator destroyer from guru3d site and delete all the old drivers. Then try a new install of the card. Use the 41.09 driver to start with. It was the last really good one before nvidia started screwing with optimizations.

ok i had the via kt400 chipset as well and i had to install the latest via hyerion 4 in1 drivers and once i did it worked just fine.
Give that a try and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back