Getting tired of setting up accounts

hansrijf

sh! it stinks
Gents,

it is my task (among a couple of others) in our household to mess up both our desktop computer (Win XP SP2) and laptop (Vista Business) every once in a while.

We are a family of 4 so everytime after rerererere-installing XP/Vista I have to go through the "nice" job of setting up all 4 accounts (documents, music etc are on a NAS which is connected to the router) and policies again.

Is there a way to save the settings and policies so I will not have to spend too much time next time I've messed everything up? (a one click job would be nice!)

We are on a homenetwork (wired (desktop) and wireless (laptop) using a router) and use a NAS for our documents, pictures, music, movies etc etc but we're not in/on a domain.

If you need more info, pls let me know.

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
I remember reading somewhere that if you make and Image of your hard drive right after a fresh install of windows(drivers, settings, etc) that it can be restored very easily and faster than formatting. How you do it though completely eludes me...

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I remember reading somewhere that if you make and Image of your hard drive right after a fresh install of windows(drivers, settings, etc) that it can be restored very easily and faster than formatting. How you do it though completely eludes me...
With any imaging tool such as Ghost or Acronis :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee