• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Get rid of links

L

Leo154

Does anyone know how to get rid of the links toolbar? Everytime i take it off IE6 it comes back up the next time i start.. Its also sticking in the Windows Explorer. I was wondering is there some way to get get rid of it for good? Like by using Res Hacker.. or something... :(

I use a utility called TweakUI ( part of the powertoys suite) and within there is the option to turn off that blood* annoying Links menu item.

TOK:blink:

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Turn it invisible. As the saying goes, 'out of site out of mind'.

Open IE/Favorites. Right click on the links folder/properties/general. Tick hidden. All done. :)

P

PseudoKiller

Originally posted by Leo154
Does anyone know how to get rid of the links toolbar? Everytime i take it off IE6 it comes back up the next time i start.. Its also sticking in the Windows Explorer. I was wondering is there some way to get get rid of it for good? Like by using Res Hacker.. or something... :(
Links in the toolbar can be taken out by right clicking on the toolbar and left click on where it says 'Links' this will remove it from the toolbar.

L

Leo154

Dofous : Thanx!!

Hey Pseudokiller, I knew how to do that, my problem was it would keep coming back when I restart the browser.

Thanx for all your help. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown