Geforcefx 5200.....

50cal

Im in the process of getting a new Geforcefx 5200 256meg grafics card. What are peoples thoughts on this one and how overclockable is this one.?

Thanks, 50cal

The card is absolute sh!t. I would never recommend it to anyone for ANYTHING. If you've got a tight budget, get a GeForce 4 TI4200 128MB 8X card. It beats the hell out of an FX5200.

I share eck's sentiments...

the 5200 is not worth the money and the 256mb version is a gimmick.. there is no way you are going to see a noticeable difference in performance wth the extra performance with that card unless you are using professional 3d progs (ie AUTOCAD)... you just don't play @ a high enough resolution with enough filtering turned on to be able to utilise the extra memory..

purchase something along the lines of a 4200 like ECK said or consider going the route of the 9600pro or 5600ultra or something like that..

the 9600pro is $149.00 @ bestbuy @ the moment after rebates...

Biggest mistake I ever made (Besides getting very drunk and waking up with a dress on) was buying a FX5200 the performace is crap ok I'm on a real tight budget but for an extra £20 I could have got a FX5600 card with a lot better performance (think it was a Soltek card)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back