• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Game uninstall issue

G

GhaLeoN

yo,

i want to uninstall SOF2, but i get an error when I run the uninstaller: "could not open INSTALL.LOG file"

Is it harmless just to delete the folder and ****? Or should I dl a program that will remove it?

plz help thx

X

XP Abuser

install.log is most likely a text file and system mechanic or a similar utility has deleted it thinking it was useless crap i would delete the programs folder and shortcuts then delete invalid keys in the registry

J

jak deth

I would reinstall it to the dir it was installed to then uninstall. It sounds as if the install log was deleted and with it gone the add/remove option in ctrl pnl won't function.

G

GhaLeoN

alright, thx guys

but when u say 'delete invalid keys in the registry' what EXACTLY do you mean? I dont want to delete the wrong stuff....

Would it be anything under "raven games" or just plain old "Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix" ?

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
jus delete any s**t, it could be under any. i'm not sure of exact keys, i normally jus browse through till i find em:p

G

GhaLeoN

anyone else?

i found one entry for 'raven software' under HKEY_CURRENT_USER... is that it?

2z

OSNN Gamer
is there another 'raven software' game other than SOF2

if not

then yes it is safe to delete

----------------------

if your not sure
Before deleting
right click on the 'raven software' folder in the registry & export / save as / name it - SOF2undo.reg

Reboot

:cool:

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Originally posted by jak deth
I would reinstall it to the dir it was installed to then uninstall. It sounds as if the install log was deleted and with it gone the add/remove option in ctrl pnl won't function.
This sounds like the best way to get rid of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn