free C++ compiler for XP

Swi

gningnegneur
Anyone knows a good one? It can be command base also (or both with GUI and command).

Thx!

Swi

Yeah that Bloodshed Dev thing is the IDE that I use on Windows very good me likes it

Yup, used it for CS class in 11th grade. Was quite nice. Now that uni provides VS.NET 2003 for free, I'll just be using that. :)

X-Istence said:
Uhm, gcc is still known as gcc on Windows.

What is MinGW?
MinGW ("Minimalistic GNU for Windows") refers to a set of runtime headers, used in building a compiler system based on the GNU GCC and binutils projects. It compiles and links code to be run on Win32 platforms... providing C, C++ and Fortran compilers plus other related tools. If you see references to "mingw32" instead of "MinGW", they are referring to the same compiler system. The project's name changed from mingw32 to MinGW is to prevent the implication that MinGW will only works on 32 bit systems (as 64 and higher bit machines become more common, MinGW will evolve to work with them). MinGW uses the Microsoft runtime libraries, distributed with the Windows operating system. Unlike other ports of GCC to Windows, the runtime libraries are not distributed using Gnu's General Public License (GPL). You, therefore, do not have to distribute your source code with your programs unless, of course, you use a GPL library in your programs..
http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-what

Bloodshed Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as it's compiler

;)

install it, and look for mingw the executable to compile something with. I doubt you will find it, after all its still called gcc :p

I wasn't talking about the filename. Re-read my initial post.
I said Dev C++ and some other apps use MinGW which is a port of GCC for Windows. Three sentences from the quoted text in my post above mention it the same way. Let's not get into pointless arguments here. :p

Sorry, i didnt fully read your first post.

Yes, you are indeed correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back