• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Formating C Drive

DeeBeeS

OSNN Addict
Just a quick question. I would like to format my C Drive to clean it up, haven't done this for a long time. My question is that I have a copy of my C Drive using True Image which I keep on my second hard drive D. It is upadated regularly and I would do a fresh copy if I reformated. Would I be able to use True Image on a clean C Drive? Thanks.

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
your question is not entirely clear so I believe there are two answers, Yes and No! :p

Yes - you can use it, of course, to take an image of your drive again after formatting - I believe you can also use it to "pull back" individual files you might want from your C drive before the reformat.

No - you cannot use it to put ALL the data back to your C drive as before - because if you do so I believe it will basically leave the C drive as it was, more or less making the format irrelevant (though I suspect any bad sector marking would remain if there were low level problems with the drive).

There are a few other considerations - depending on partitions and file systems, but you have not mentioned those so I left that aside.

I should say although I use TrueImage I am going by the User Guide here - haven't had to use it "in anger", so if anyone knows better they can post - or if you try using it in the second way and find I am wrong you can correct me!

DeeBeeS

OSNN Addict
Thanks for the quick response Mainframeguy, I get what you mean that if I use True Image I will only be putting back what I have taken off. I have no particular problems with my comp but I do download and try a lot of things which I later delete.

I use CCleaner and RegSupreme which I hope controls it.

Thanks once again for your valuable opinion.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies