Flock the social browser - Powered by mozilla

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I been trying flock out. I have to say that I like it. It is just like firefox, in the difference that it is set up for social sites - And when I say social, I mean practically all of them ranging from facebook to yahoo! mail.

It is the same basic structure as Firefox with the ability to use all firefox extensions with it, and the firefox plugins with it. You can go to the firefox extensions site and install them from there. Just install them like you would firefox.

You can also use it as a feed reader. And one of my favorite things about it is that you can set a password for it to where it won't open unless the right one is in. So your privacy and security is good in the reasons of letting it save your passwords for the various sites you get on.

Flock_screenshot2.JPG

Flock is a web browser built on Mozilla’s Firefox codebase that specializes in providing social networking and Web 2.0 facilities built into its user interface. [1] Flock v2 was released on October 14, 2008.[2]
The Flock browser is available as a free download, and supports Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux platforms.

Features

Flock 2.0 integrates social networking and media services including MySpace,[2] Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Blogger, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc.[3] Notably, when logging into any of the supported social services, Flock can track updates from friends: profiles, uploaded photos, and more.
Other features include:

• native sharing of text, links, photos and videos;[4]
  • a "Media Bar" showing preview of online videos and photos as well as subscription to photo and video feeds;[5]
  • a feed reader supporting Atom, RSS and Media RSS[2] feeds;[6]
  • a blog editor and reader, allowing direct posting into any designated blog;[7]
  • a web-mail component allowing users to check supported web-based email off site, compose new messages, and drag-and-drop pictures and videos from the "Media Bar" or webclipboard into a new email message;[8]
  • support for third-party add-ons, including a number of Firefox extensions.[9]
To find out more, go to the flock website: http://www.flock.com/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back